Through the help of generous supporters, we are able to offer scholarships to some of the best and brightest students at NMSU. However, with more than 5,000 Crimson Scholars with grade point averages of 3.5 or higher, we know that our support reaches only a few students out of the many that deserve financial assistance. Our International Research Scholarship endowment is only a little bit shy of the $125,000 mark that we need to ensure that we can offer this important award annually, and forever, to support a student like Owen Cortner, who used his experience as a student to begin a career improving food production in impoverished areas of Africa.
We also support student travel to present professional papers based on their research to national conferences, we provide book scholarships to help defray the cost of text books, we mentor students as they apply for the prestigious international fellowships such as the Rhodes and Fulbright awards – and all of these are only possible with continued support from our friends, alumni, and supporters.
Your gift, whatever the amount, will help our Honors Aggies on their path towards graduation. You might think about the costs that our students incur:
- $7,500 will pay all expenses for a semester for a NM resident – including housing and books in addition to tuition
- $5,000 is the amount of the annual award for the International Research Scholarship
- $3,287 will pay for a semester of tuition for a deserving Crimson Scholar
- $603 will cover the cost of textbooks for a semester
- $500 will pay for a student to participate in a professional conference to enhance their academic experiences and profile
- $100 will help pay for the award for the best paper or presentation at the annual Undergraduate Research and Creative Arts Symposium (URCAS) – now in its 21st year celebrating student success
The links below will allow you to contribute through a secure web link to the two funds that help support these important opportunities for the amazing students in the Honors College at NMSU.
- General Scholarship Fund: http://giving.nmsu.edu/HCExcellenceFund.html
- International Research Scholarship: http://giving.nmsu.edu/HCIntResSch.html
For your gift in support of our Honors Aggies, we thank you.
Dean, Conroy Honors College