The President’s Excellence Scholarship is the most prestigious scholarship available to students at New Mexico State University. It is awarded to new entering freshmen with markedly superior academic ability. Selection is competitive and based on proven academic achievements and extracurricular activities.
NMSU scholarship application required
Award: Standard tuition and fees plus $1,625/semester
- enrolled in minimum of 15 new credit hours at the Las Cruces campus the first regular semester immediately following graduation from a NM high school
- NM resident
- admission to the Las Cruces campus no later than January 18th
- degree seeking
- NMSU scholarship application submitted no later than January 18th
- 3.75 GPA & 28 ACT or 3.5 GPA & 30 ACT
- FAFSA Submitted by March 1st
- Minimum enrollment of 15 new credit hours each semester
- 3.25 semester GPA first semester and 3.5 cumulative GPA thereafter
- completion of 15 new graded credit hours each semester
- 8 semester maximum or attainment of a Bachelor Degree (graduation), whichever comes first
- Apply at: Scholar Dollar, or visit the Financial Aid website.
For more information about scholarships for entering freshmen, go to the Financial Aid website.